March 15, 2020
Eastside has implemented a new visitation policy in addition to proactive screening procedures already in place at hospital entrances to reduce the spread of respiratory illnesses like flu, COVID-19
Eastside Medical Center is continuing to follow CDC guidelines to better protect our patients, staff and visitors. Over the past several weeks, hospital leaders have been taking proactive steps in preparation for the potential spread of COVID-19 including regular communications with local and state public health officials, monitoring and conserving the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and reinforcing effective environmental cleaning policies to support infection control.
Eastside Medical Center implemented new screening protocols at hospital entrances on March 4 as a proactive measure to prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses. This new protocol was implemented in response to evidence-based CDC guidelines to help prevent further spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses. The safety of patients, visitors, and staff remains the healthcare system’s top priority during this time.
Proceeding with an abundance of caution to protect patients, a new visitation policy was implemented today, March 13, at Eastside Medical Center’s main and south campus hospitals. The following precautions are now being enforced for visitation:
- Visitors 16 years old and under are restricted. (circumstances may allow for specific exceptions)
- Patients will be limited to only one visitor at a time.
- Hospital staff will pre-screen all visitors (using standard pre-screening questions) and may require visitors to wear masks. All visitors will be required to wear an identifying sticker (which will switch to armbands next week) indicating they have been screened.
- Individuals with respiratory symptoms will be asked to refrain from visiting.
“The wellbeing of our patients, visitors, colleagues, and community as a whole remains our top priority during this time,” stated Trent Lind, Chief Executive Officer at Eastside Medical Center. “We would like to thank our community for helping Eastside to maintain a safe environment for our patients. It is our priority to continue to provide the highest level of care in the safest environment possible for all communities that we serve during this time.”
In an effort to better control facility access, Eastside’s main campus north tower entrance is now closed. Patients and visitors at Eastside’s main campus hospital are encouraged to utilize the following public entrances:
- Emergency Room Entrance (24/7)
- Women’s Center Entrance (24/7)
*After 9 PM this entrance is for women’s patients only
- South Tower Entrance (6 AM- 9 PM)
Patients and visitors at Eastside’s south campus hospital are encouraged to utilize the following public entrances:
- Emergency Room Entrance (24/7)
- Main Lobby Entrance (6 AM – 9 PM)
Screening personnel will ask questions about recent travel, fever, and any respiratory symptoms before permitting patients or visitors to enter the facility.
Eastside Medical Center encourages patients to call our Ask-A-Nurse line at (770) 510-7270 with health questions and maintain good hygiene practices like frequent hand washing and continue to follow CDC guidelines.